All the great destinations in the world have a ‘Top 10’ or so list of things you absolutely must do when you visit. A bucket list, if you like, to help you nut out the best from the boring. Well I have 15 experiences that are So Riverland that you’d be missing out big time if you skipped any!
What! I hear your yell at me from behind your keyboards, “but you’ve forgotten ‘watching a bunch of sheep run down the street at Barmera’!” Well if I listed all the So Riverland things to do, I’d be here all bloody day. The Riverland is a lovely and unique destination, but it also has some pretty quirky going ons, here just 15 of my fave.
So get your travel planner ready and book that annual leave, anytime of the year is perfect for rivertime and we are ready for you!
1. Learn local secrets on a river cruise or canoe paddle
2. Relax lazily on the grass, looking out over our grand river and sip a sangria
3. Use a water elevator to go up or downstream (yes, I mean a lock)
4. Discover the untamed environment (and maybe even yourself) on a multi-day walking journey
5. Learn about the Riverland’s the first, best & only microbrewery from the brewer themselves
6. Play mini golf at a lavender farm and gorge yourself on the Riverland’s best pizza
7. Take a selfie at the Heading’s Cliff Lookout
8. Enjoy the culture of the region with one of our festivals celebrating food & wine, roses and music!
19. See what’s under the boardwalk at an iconic wine & wetland centre
10. See if you can fit your lips around this Humdinger of a Burger!
11. Buy the freshest fruit from a roadside stall
12. Get an adrenaline rush by driving a supercharged off road racing buggy!
13. Spend your house deposit savings on the most hipster-est Espresso Martinis – they are made with Brandy!
14. Camp under the Milky Way on the banks of the Murray
15. Get the crew together for a trip of a lifetime on a houseboat (my personal favourite)!